This time of the year can be tricky. For some reason it's been unseasonably cool in NY and I found myself wearing a winter hat so I'm glad I didn't put everything away when I was spring cleaning. But hear's the thing, depending on what's going on in your life, this time of the year can be awesome, fun filled with activities and feel-good events. But on the other hand, it can be deflating if you're a body conscious person who may not want to deal with the heat and the swimsuit season. It can go either way..
Sometimes we get in a funk and have no idea why. More importantly, we're unable to identify how to get out of it. It's as if your head is nebulous and you're unsure how to move forward. If this sounds like you, frankly it happens to all of us at one point or another, so you're not alone my dear.
Here are ten ways of lifting your spirits and raising your vibration when you are feeling less than stellar:
1. Look in the mirror and say to that reflection staring back at you how beautiful you are and how worthy you are of happiness.
2. Put your best foot forward by wearing your favorite outfit, particularly something super flattering.
3. A little red lipstick never hurts! If red isn't your thing, I encourage you to find a sassy shade you've not worn before like a wine color. The point here is to glam up your look and appreciate your femininity in all its glory.
4. Go get your hair and nails done. Being pampered is a fast way to raise your vibration because you are releasing tension and feeling good that you look great.
5. Exercise. Running or dancing do the trick for me but really anything that makes you sweat and is good for the heart applies here.
6. Meditate. Taking ten or even fifteen minutes to clear your mind and breathe makes a world of difference. Doing it everyday will change your life!
7. Nourish yourself well. You'll be surprised how much of a difference clean eating can make in the way you feel. Try incorporating green juice, plenty of water and lots of colorful fruits and veggies to your diet.
8. Sleep. Get yourself in bed early enough to get the amount of rest your body needs to function it's best.
9. Cry it out. Whatever has you in a funk is holding you back from raising your vibration and sometimes stress, tension or anxiety are culprits. A good cry never hurts and helps unblock any emotional blockages that you may not realize are there.
10.Have a great laugh. Just as healthy and liberating as crying can be, laughing has similar effects. Ever have a great laugh? It feels awesome! If I can't go to a comedy club or speak to a friend who always makes me laugh, my go to is Seinfeld reruns or Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.. instant mood changer and vibration is suddenly higher than it was before.
**Bonus: Music! There isn't anything that great music can't help with. Crank up the tunes and sing or dance along!
I hope these suggestions help you as much as they always help me. If so, I'd love to hear it!
What do you do to raise your vibration?