What I love about this dish is that it's super simple and it does double duty by being perfect as a lunch or dinner meal. Who doesn't LOVE that! By the way, I tend to cook my quinoa in advance and have it ready in my fridge. It saves time and I that's how I like it.. So here we go with what you'll need:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (tri-colored pictured above)
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups of uncooked "power greens" (swiss chard, kale, spinach)
- Grilled chicken (pictured above) or protein of choice (pan sautéed catfish works really well here too)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tahini (can omit)
- pinch of salt & pepper
Directions: No science here kids.. simply put quinoa, sun dried tomatoes, greens in a salad bowl. Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, tahini, salt and pepper and mix gently. Serve with chicken or fish on top.
- 1/4 cup cooked tri-colored quinoa (pictured or your preferred)
- 1/4 cup red/purple cabbage (raw)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 hard boiled egg (sliced in quarters)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Sea salt
Place quinoa, avocado, cabbage, and hard boiled egg into a bowl. In a separate small bowl make dressing consisting of apple cider vinegar, olive oil and cilantro. Pour onto quinoa bowl and mix well. Serve & enjoy.
*Pairs well with a refreshing fruit or mint infused water.